Thursday 18 April 2013

Development for my digi pack

I also chose to do a digi pack as well as an advert and website homepage as I was ahead on schedule. Although I didn't analyse any existing products, I still researched in to ones that I thought were successful including the artists I had looked at before (Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard, Beyonce and Damien Rice) - the ones that stood out most for me were Ed Sheerans and Beyonces which both had a simple picture of the artist on the front cover. I also wanted to do a simple digi pack like this. I edited my photographs in to black and white so it was evident to the audience that they all link in one.

The first thing I decided to do was choose from a range of fonts that I found on dafont.com. This was for the record label that I had to make up to put on my CD so it looked more realistic.




The above images are logos for existing record labels, due to not having time to create my own label, I decided just to make my own label with a font that looks realistic. As you can see they are all in black and white and all designs create a geometric shape making them easy to place in the corner or centre of a digipak/CD. - I also do this with mine to go with typical media conventions.
Firstly though, I had to create a name. The below images show a range of records labels after picking 3 random letters of the alphabet.


I came up with the name 'Leash Records' by taking inspiration from each of these names displayed above. I checked online to see if anything came up when typing it in to google and it seemed to be available so I thought it was the most effective name to use. I then had to choose out of these fonts which ones looked most realistic.





I decided on the second font as I believed it had more of a geometric shape and it would fit well on my digi pack. I also think it is the font that will most compliment the one I use for the name 'Ollie Sloan'.

No comments:

Post a Comment