Thursday 18 April 2013

Audience feedback: General


The above image shows how I have promoted my first draft using social networking. I used my own twitter account as I know many people who use this site regularly and due to having 240 followers, I knew it would reach to a wide audience due to twitter being public so anyone could access it. I also used Facebook to promote my blog as it would specifically reach my target audience. By using these two social networking sites it allows two different types of audiences to see my blog which I believe is a good way to get a representative sample.

Below shows some audience feedback I got off my teachers - this was to get a range of feedback from a wider audience. I will take each bit of criticism constructively so I make my second draft clearer and more successful.



These comments are really helpful and I will try to work with most of them. Unfortunately my actors became unavailable to do any re shooting and I did not want to get behind on schedule so some of the shots I will not be able to change, for example when Ollie chews on gum - although this goes against the typical music video conventions, I believe it makes the video more casual which is the atmosphere I wanted to achieve so I do not see it as I big deal. The tripod shown in the beginning is also a problem so I will use the effect 'ease in' so it zooms in quickly to the artist. The comment I will actually go against is in the first bit of feedback saying I could mix black and white with colour - I believe this would make it look really unprofessional and make the story line more confusing. My other audience feedback I show below also mentions the black and white effect being artistic, professional and creative so I will keep this the same.

Here is some more audience feedback I gathered from my peers at school. I believe asking directly was a successful method of getting valid points -

Successes:
- "Video links well with the music"
- "Like the use of black and white, arty and cool"
- "Story line is clear"
- "Very professionally edited"
- "Slow motion ending is effective"
- "Nice variety of camera shots"
- "Good lip syncing"
- " Excellent direction of creating a story which matches the lyrics"

Improvements:
- "Tripod in one shot"
- "Needs higher contrast in the darker scenes to stop colours blending"
- "Liked the ending but needs to be emphasized more"
- "Some shots are a little dark"
- Could be more emphasis on the deep twist at the end"
- "Bedroom bit doesn't fit with whats going on - you should keep it as her getting ready to go out with the new boyfriend and Ollie watching invisibly"

The above comment was one from the YouTube link


These suggestions are compliments really help me for when re editing my video and I will take each comment in to account when changing things on my video.
The main points I will work on will be making the narrative clearer and trying to make the tripod not as clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment