Thursday 21 March 2013

Setting choices

For my music video, I had to choose a couple of locations to shoot my actors singing and acting out the storyline I have set. Due to living in a rather rural area, I was able to find some really pretty places. When researching in to music videos of the acoustic genre, I found a lot of videos that were set in the country side, I believe this was to show the relaxing manmade music - unlike electronic music videos which are usually set in artificial settings using things such as green screens. I didn't want to completely go with these conventions and instead decided to shoot in a high street and small cafe. The high street will mainly be used to shoot Ollie walking with his guitar singing to the camera. The cafe will be then be used when Ollie sees his "ex girlfriend" and then also to show them as a couple in the 'past' walking in together - this is to show the line from the song "I knew we'd meet up in familiar places, only ‘cos we share the same familiar faces".

The last setting I will be using is a bedroom. This will be to show Tayla as if she is in her own room and Ollie watching her as if he is a ghost, trying to remember how it used to be. There will also be a clip where it goes back to the past when they are having fun together just how they used to be in a couple.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment