Friday 22 March 2013

Filming shoots

I have just all the filming for my video. I planned to do it over 3 separate days however my 3 actors/actresses became available all on one day so we had a very long day of filming in which I got a large amount of footage, about 30 minutes worth of film.

What went well?
The day ran smoothly with only a few hiccups and I was glad I had thoroughly planned what I wanted to do because it meant we were able to stick to schedule easily so I would say time management was the aspect that went most well when filming. Due to my planning of outfits and setting, I knew exactly where I wanted my actors and what I wanted them in. The shots I am most happy when Ollie walks up the high street. Ollie and I had to get up at 6am so we could get a shot of him at sunrise - this worked because no one was up around this time and so no cars were getting in our way when I wanted him to walk in the middle of the road it also meant I was considering his health and safety as I obviously didn't want him to get run over! In conclusion  I believe the filming went really well and I got all the shots that I needed and wanted.

What didn't go so well?
A few aspects of the day didn't go so well for me, although time management was good, Tayla arrived two hours late for filming so I felt a bit rushed when getting everything done in time before it got dark. Weather and time of day was my main difficulty during the project. When I woke up at 6am hoping for a sunrise, I was disappointed due to the October weather it was cloudy and rainy so some of the shots didn't work as well as I hoped. Finally, one of my shots didn't work as well as I hoped due to Tayla having a fear of being picked up which proved difficult when Ollie has to spin her round as she kept looking at him before he picked her up which may be confusing for the audience as he is supposed to be 'invisible' - because of this I took some extra shots of her getting ready to go out with 'the new boyfriend'.


What I would do differently if I were to do it again?
If I were to shoot again I would probably have spread out the days so my filming wasn't rushed, if I had had more time during the week, I also could have waited for when there was the right weather however due to Ollie, Tayla and Charlie all living in completely different places far away, I couldn't ask them to do the whole week of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment